Inside every heirloom seed lives a story of the people, places, traditions and cultures that have cultivated and been sustained by it. Like language, art and culture, seeds are a cornerstone of human history. Knowing their stories attunes us more deeply to their power, their past, and our own shared humanity.
- NuMex Spice Peppers: Jalapeños In Living ColorNuMex Spice jalapeños are a delicious and colorful addition to the hot pepper world!
- Charleston Gray: Sweet Melon Of the Sunny SouthCharleston Gray watermelon is a southern American standard with its roots in Southern Africa.
- Death Spiral Pepper: Fruity and Hot, Hot, Hot!Death Spiral pepper is a super-hot pepper that really leans in to its name!
- Chiltepin: Wild Chile Of the BorderlandsChiltepins, “the mother of all peppers,” are the only pepper native to the U.S.
- Nagasaki Chinese Cabbage: Uniquely JapaneseKnown as “tojinna” in the local dialect, Late Nagasaki Chinese cabbage is a Japanese culinary treasure.
- Gniff Carrot: Nearly Lost To TimeThis distinctive carrot was revived with the help of one farmer and a carrot breeder.