- COLE CROPS
- CELERY / CELERIAC
- CHINESE VEGETABLES
- LETTUCE / GREENS
- MISC. VEGGIES
- ROOT CROPS
- SOUTHERN VEGETABLES
- SWISS CHARD
- PEST CONTROL
- GIFT IDEAS
- GIFT CERTIFICATES
by Carol W. Costenbader
Enjoy wholesome, healthful foods year round! With The Big Book of Preserving the Harvest, even the busiest folks can create a well-stocked pantry of fruits, vegetables, herbs, meats, flavored vinegars, and seasonings for the coming year. Step-by-step illustrated instructions, informative charts, and a host of delicious recipes make this an indispensable book for anyone interested in storing and preserving foods.
· Canning - Containers and equipment, techniques, safety, and what to can.
· Drying - Equipment, appropriate foods, drying times, and storage methods.
· Freezing - Containers and wrappings, dry and wet pack methods, and safety precautions.
· Pickling - Canning, freezing, refrigerating, equipment and containers.
· Preserving - Canning and freezing jams, jellies, and preserves, adding pectin, and gift ideas. ·
Cold Storage - What to store in your root cellar.
348 pages - Trade paper cover.